This is where you will find a small collection of my recent
occasions to stand upon my proverbial soap box to give hopefully
correct, always based on fact or personal observation, and
usually longwinded tirades on various subjects. I'm afraid that
these tend to center around computer and (especially) security
stuff, but that's simply a reflection of my own interests and
line of work. These opinions are mine only, and do not
necessarily agree with my employer, my mother, the recipients of
my tax dollars, or anyone else.
As things come up, I do braindumps and update the pages here.
Stop by from time to time if you like what you're reading.
Also, feel free to
comment on anything
you see here, even (or maybe especially) if you disagree.
Please indicate whether I may reproduce your mail in my rants
area. I'm perfectly willing to host an intelligent, opposing
- The Help Desk
- Another satisfied customer.
- Push Media Sucks
- Its an insult to your intelligence. Fight it.
- Why Spam Sucks
- Spam sucks. Spam is stupid. Spam doesn't work.
- Why I Hate AGIS.net
- Or, "How to make everyone on the net hate you".
- Why I Hate SIGS Publications
- A cautionary tale for businesses that are thinking about
having third parties manage email contacts to their
customers. Do it wrong and it'll hurt you, you'll get rid of
the fool who hoses your name, and you'll hire someone else to
do the deed instead. And they won't appreciate cleaning up
the mess that has been left behind.
- Which OS Should I Use?
- Unix isn't perfect, but chosing something worse isn't
going to make your life easier. Trust me.
- Pokin' Holes in the Firewall
- Accessing America Online, CompuServe, Microsoft Network,
etc., through your firewall. How you can, why you shouldn't.
- How Do I Test My Firewall?
- So I got this thing up and running. Now what?
- Industry Analyst Spewage
- Where do these guys come up with this stuff?
- Microsoft and Scalability
- Use NT and IIS so your corporate web site can look like
the soap box |
C Matthew Curtin
Last modified: Sun Sep 6 01:50:01 EDT 1998