DESCHALL Mailing List Archives
This is the official home for the DESCHALL
mailing list archives. These are available in webified form,
thanks to hypermail, as well as standard Unix mailbox format for
all you folks who like your data raw. (I've never been one for
cooked data myself. Maybe I'm strange that way.)
- March 1997
- The list went live in March. Rocke had been working
on DESCHALL since the beginning of RSA's Secret Key
Challenge. However, before this, I was working with an
international group coordinated by Germano Caronni. We're the
ones who found the
48-bit RC5 key.
- April 1997
- In April, we really got things rolling, made a few press
releases, and calculated haystack sizes.
- May 1997
- Project awareness continues, as we get some press, increase
the speed of the clients, and watch several big universities
fight for the top spots on the statistics pages.
- June 1997
- WE CRACKED THE CODE!
- July 1997
- The list is lower-traffic now, but we're keeping it
around to carry on discussions about T-shirts, and other tidbits
related to DES, crypography, and distributed computing.
- August 1997
- We just might get those T-shirts done yet...
C Matthew Curtin
Last modified: Fri Aug 15 09:17:29 EDT 1997