Re: TCP gateway?

Icepick (icepick@pclink.com)
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 08:36:44 -0600

At 08:48 PM 3/29/97 -0400, Andrew James Alan Welty wrote:

>* Support for occasionally-connected machines. This would get us
> access to lots of other machines on the other ends of dialup-type
> PPP and SLIP links for lots of folks at home.
>
>This is already supported in a way, dialup users can at least run
>deschall while there connected to the internet, even keep it running

Yes, but it's inconvient to have to dial in every 30 to 45 minutes
and get a new set of 2^29 or 2^30 keys. It be far and away better
to have the server release 2^36 or so keys at a time. That way my
'puter would be able to chug away all night, I dial up in the morning,
get a new set, it chugs, I go to work, I come back, and dial in again.

This would be especially usesfull for those who have dial-up ISP's,
and don't have unlimited usage.