Re: Ideas for improved effort...

Mon, 31 Mar 1997 13:11:01 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Andrew Sterian wrote:

> I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to use other people's efforts to
> augment our own. It doesn't make sense to search already-searched
> keys.

It's probably not worth the effort, IMO. I think we've covered more
keyspace than the sum of all other reported efforts, and we're growing the
fastest. Assuming that this trend continues, energy would be better spend
encouraging more people to join...

That is, if we can blow through other's keyspace in a day or two, why
bother modifying anything to avoid searching it? :-)

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
Graduate Fellow in Computer and Information Science at Ohio State University
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters
will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to
the Internet, we know this is not true. -- Robert Wilensky