Re: running as overnight cron job

Thu, 3 Apr 1997 11:29:26 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Lee Sonko wrote:

> This might be appropriate to put on the web page.
>
> At my office, I can't run deschall during the day so I have set up some
> cron jobs to start in the evening and have the output emailed to me.
> Although these scripts are 'trivial' to a unix sysadmin, it might be
> useful if I posted what I wrote so others can work from it.

FWIW, I've also got a number of perl scripts doing much the same thing,
although they track statistics for me too. If anyone wants them, let me
know. Their output can be seen at
<URL:http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~dolske/des97.html>

GnuPlot graphs available shortly. :-)

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.
-- Aldo Leopold