Re: Final (?) Draft of Press Release

Karl J. Runge (runge@redhook.llnl.gov)
Thu, 3 Apr 97 16:55:01 PST

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, guy albertelli <albertel@cis.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
[...]
> > 918904*2^20 32 WPI.EDU
> > > 718816*2^20 189 ohio-state.edu.
> > > 373728*2^20 22 rpi.edu.
>
> This place may have only one tine, but it sure is big.
>
> 681984*2^20 1 207.196
>
> Anyone know what this beast is?

It might be a udp proxy handling a number of machines. Or would
a Quad PPro 200 be around that rate?

Karl

BTW, I written some perl scripts to redirect udp traffic on my two
(pitifully slow) machine home LAN to the keyserver (udp traffic on my
slip link is flakey). It's been working well for 5 days now (Well, Rocke
hasn't complained that I'm messing up the server). If any body has a
situation where they think they may benefit from something like this
just drop me a line.

Karl J. Runge -- Linux: it's the Real thing -- runge@crl.com
-- http://www.crl.com/~runge
Linux: Anything else would be uncivilized... (510)-516-7127