Re: Final (?) Draft of Press Release

Karl J. Runge (runge@redhook.llnl.gov)
Thu, 3 Apr 97 17:09:08 PST

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Justin Dolske <dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Karl J. Runge wrote:
>
> > BTW, I written some perl scripts to redirect udp traffic on my two
> > (pitifully slow) machine home LAN to the keyserver (udp traffic on my
> > slip link is flakey). It's been working well for 5 days now (Well, Rocke
> > hasn't complained that I'm messing up the server). If any body has a
> > situation where they think they may benefit from something like this
> > just drop me a line.
>
> Great... I've been talking with Rocke about doing exactly that, and was
> just about to get started. Could I take a look at your scripts?

Sure, let me add a comment or two after work and I'll get them to you in a few
hours. I'll detail some of the things I've done for my setup and we can
decide what, if anything, is transferable to client runners in the large.

Karl

PS. Does anyone know if the recent perl ports to NT and Win95 support
the socket library? I know, I'm probably dreaming...