Re: running as overnight cron job (fwd)

Mon, 7 Apr 1997 13:48:06 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 08:48:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kurt Schneckenburger <pp001000@mindspring.com>
To: Justin Dolske <dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu>
Subject: Re: running as overnight cron job

Looking for something similar for NT 4.0. I can use the scheduler to start
the job, but don't know how to kill it. Any ideas? Not sure how to post
this to the list server, could you forward it?
_______________________________
>On 3 Apr 97 11:29AM Justin Dolske wrote in "running as overnight cron job"
>On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Lee Sonko wrote:
>
>> This might be appropriate to put on the web page.
>>
>> At my office, I can't run deschall during the day so I have set up some
>> cron jobs to start in the evening and have the output emailed to me.
>> Although these scripts are 'trivial' to a unix sysadmin, it might be
>> useful if I posted what I wrote so others can work from it.
>
>FWIW, I've also got a number of perl scripts doing much the same thing,
>although they track statistics for me too. If anyone wants them, let me
>know. Their output can be seen at
><URL:http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~dolske/des97.html>
>
>GnuPlot graphs available shortly. :-)
>
>Justin Dolske
<URL:http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~dolske/>
>(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
>Graduate Fellow / Research Associate at The Ohio State University, CIS
Dept.
>I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.
> -- Aldo Leopold

- Kurt

pp001000@mindspring.com

Any statements made made by me in this correspondence are copyrighted.

(c) [copyright]