Re: Proxies, firewalls, and 25 P166's

Adam D. Woodbury (woodbad@blee.net)
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 14:47:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Stuart Stock wrote:

> I need to know if the HTTP proxying or any type of firewall access has
> been implimented in the clients. I have 25 P166's, 2 P133's, 2 P100,
> 5 P90's, and 3 HP 9000's I'd like to add to the effort but the firewall is
> in the way. I took a look at the mailing list archive and it was
> mentioned that the clients use UDP. Perhaps using udprelay? Of course,
> this would require an ability to point the clients at the firewall instead
> of the keyserver. If TCP connections have been implimented, redir would

if im not mistaken, (and someone tell me if I am, you would set up the
following:

firewall - relays local udp port to keyserver.frii.com..etc..

clients, instead of pointing them to keyserv...etc.. in the setup, simply
point them to the firewall.
ie: (on unix) deschall-linux-p999 firewall.keepbadpeopleout.com

Hope this helps (and is correct!)
Adam Woodbury

---
Adam D. Woodbury              "I want her love for the fool I am -
woodbad@blee.net                            or not at all."
                                              - Edmond Rostand
       Crack DES NOW!   http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm