Re: Media contact and a question

Wed, 9 Apr 1997 21:59:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Jensen Harris wrote:

> Any thoughts? Could two mid-range PC's make a difference, or is it more
> of an annoyance to the system than anything else?

Your machines, individually, are almost completelely useless. So are
each of the machines here at OSU. In fact, NONE of the systems helping
right now make any difference, individually.

The key is that we're mobilizing large numbers of computers to tackle a
problem *together*. It's a team effort, where no single entity is more
important/helpful than the others (save, perhaps, Rocke :-). Every little
bit of help becomes quite important... It's like watching raindrops in a
rainstorm -- a few drops can't make anything wet, but a whole bunch of
them can create an ocean.

Or, quantity has a quality all its own.

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
You are surrounded by a maze of polychromatic NT icons, all alike.