Re: Shell accounts

M. Heroux (mheroux@u.washington.edu)
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 22:15:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Scott McIntyre wrote:

> good and mainly unused in the middle of the night. The crucial question
> is
> whether or not you can run deschall w/o root access.

Im running the stuff now on our university (washington.edu) unix
clusters...

One thing to watch is whether or not you have CPU quotas... I dont on
certain machines...

also.. we have "test" machines..that can be rebooted at any time.. but
generally arent used... Im using those machines as much as possible.

You might want to check your sysadmins to see if they have a machine
devoted to large CPU jobs...

--mike