Re: HP 9000 Problems

Stuart Stock (stuart@gundaker.com)
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 11:44:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Jeff White wrote:

> I'm having problems getting the HP/9000 client to run on our
> workstations. It doesn't actually seem to do anything. The

Hmph, I found on our HP 9000's (two E35's, a F10 and a G50) the client
is slow and very sensitive to system loads, but it does run. But have you
been able to run the timings (deschall-hp9000 -m)? If you can run the
timings it's probably your network. Do you have a firewall? And if so
can you forward UDP packets through it? If you can tcpdump your net, take
a look for UDP traffic on port 8669. If you're seeing ICMP host, port, or
network unreachable, you're being blocked somewhere and it may not be
making it back to your host.

stuart

--
Stuart Stock				       stuart@gundaker.com