Re: Thanks for the help

Karl J. Runge (runge@redhook.llnl.gov)
Thu, 10 Apr 97 23:24:05 PDT

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, "Michael Smith" <mikes@dfw.net> wrote:

> Well, I *believe* that I have found the problem. It seems that my
> version is a bit old (v 1.2.1) and doesn't have support for ELF (as
> far as I can tell) Many thanks to all who sent me ideas. As I told
> one, this was a pain in the ass, but it was a way to learn a lot
> about Linux in a short period.

Yes, the ELF-HOWTO at

http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/ELF-HOWTO.html

got me thru the by-hand conversions for my systems last year.

Also, we may want to ask Rocke to make a Linux a.out version of
the client (probably just a generic one, not 486, 586, and 686 flavors
since not too many people are non-ELF anymore)

I, for one, could dedicate a 100MHZ 586 if there was an a.out client.
If Rocke makes one I'll use it. But it is probably more important to
focus on other Unix platforms for now (tho' making a linux a.out should be
pretty straight forward)

Karl

Karl J. Runge -- Linux: it's the Real thing -- runge@crl.com
-- http://www.crl.com/~runge
If you don't reinvent the wheel every now and then (510)-516-7127
how do you know for sure you can invent anything?