Re: HP 9000 Problems

Fri, 11 Apr 1997 13:11:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Jeff White wrote:

> Seem to have another problem. I started about 50 HP-UX workstations
> on the attack last night, and around 2am they all stopped working
> (or so it appears in the logs). My machines at home are working fine.
> Both the Linux and HP-UX machines stopped.

Sounds like a network problem to me. You were doing fine before 2am,
right? If so, maybe Rocke can check the logs to see if you were making it
through. It's entirely possible that there's a routing problem between
your machine and frii.com. Can you get at the DESCHALL webpage?

> It is as though I'm not getting responses, although I get ping's, from
> the server. I can get through (on the same port) to my network at home,
> so I am making it through the firewall.

Are you sure the firewall isn't configured to allow UDP traffic to your
home net?

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
1 + 1 = 3, for large enough values of 1.