RE: Completion time oversight

Jensen Harris (jensen.harris@yale.edu)
Sun, 13 Apr 1997 11:24:41 -0400

On Sunday, April 13, 1997 11:02 AM, Pat Carr [SMTP:carrp@umich.edu] wrote:

> >One thing that has been completely ignored in all the estimates
> >of the completion time for this thing is that students go home for
> >the summer in about a month. When that happens the curve will
> >probably stop rising and might even start to fall. Then it should
> >pick up again in September.
>
> >Try and model that with an exponential graph!
>
> This is going to be a very serious problem unless we can find a solution (if
> there is a solution). Of the top 20 domains, at least 14 are .edu (possibly
> as high as 17). Those 14 domains contain about 61-62% of the total DESCHALL
> clients. Since it is impossible to stop students from coming home from
> school, we must either make an effort to get lab computers involved or get
> more .com and .net domains, or both.

Add yale.edu to the list...notice in the stats today that yale.edu enters the
top 20, knocking out baxter.com (well, you actually have to add YALE.EDU and
yale.edu--I have no idea why three of my computers are showing up as YALE.EDU
and the rest lowercase...)

And that's just computers I'm responsible for so far. I haven't yet "done my
thing" to get students involved...
Jensen