RE: First place.

Justin Wolf (jjwolf@bleeding.com)
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 23:43:19 -0700

You actually think that DES is too weak when it takes all the hackers in =
the known unix world to stage an attempt which has been so far =
unsuccessful? Hmm... different point of view I guess.

-Justin Wolf (jjwolf@bleeding.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: C Matthew Curtin [SMTP:cmcurtin@research.megasoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 1997 11:25 PM
To: Golan Klinger
Cc: rsacrack@vex.net; hackers@freebsd.org; =
deschall@gatekeeper.megasoft.com
Subject: Re: First place.

> Name/Address Blocks Time Last Avg
> Done Working Checked-in Mkeys/sec1
>=20
> rsacrack@vex.net 38384 19.8 days 22 secs ago 6.032
> crackerz@best.net 38205 19.8 days 1 mins ago 6.01

> Wwe're in first now. Regarding the suggestion to switch to the
> Deschall and Brydder clients, sure, why not? Where are they? No use
> stopping and joining another effort when we're in first place,
> right?

First place of what? :-) We (the deschall group) are doing >
500Mkeys/sec.

Plus, we'll soon be able to traverse firewalls, which we hope will
significantly increase the number of available clients.

Our status reports are available at http://www.frii.com/~rcv/desstat.htm

Stop playing around with <10Mkeys/sec and join us. :-) That's a lot of
keys, but if everyone can coordinate their efforts together, the
faster we'll get through the keyspace and prove that DES is too weak
for real applications...

--=20
Matt Curtin Chief Scientist Megasoft, Inc. =
cmcurtin@research.megasoft.com
http://www.research.megasoft.com/people/cmcurtin/ I speak only for =
myself
Death to small keys. Crack DES NOW! =