Re: [RSA] First place.

The Hermit Hacker (scrappy@hub.org)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 08:25:37 -0300 (ADT)

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, C Matthew Curtin wrote:

> > Name/Address Blocks Time Last Avg
> > Done Working Checked-in Mkeys/sec1
> >
> > rsacrack@vex.net 38384 19.8 days 22 secs ago 6.032
> > crackerz@best.net 38205 19.8 days 1 mins ago 6.01
>
> > Wwe're in first now. Regarding the suggestion to switch to the
> > Deschall and Brydder clients, sure, why not? Where are they? No use
> > stopping and joining another effort when we're in first place,
> > right?
>
> First place of what? :-) We (the deschall group) are doing >
> 500Mkeys/sec.

You, of the deschall group, are doing the DES Challenge, we
are doing the RC5 Challenge...*totally* different contests...

> Stop playing around with <10Mkeys/sec and join us. :-) That's a lot of
> keys, but if everyone can coordinate their efforts together, the
> faster we'll get through the keyspace and prove that DES is too weak
> for real applications...

Again, you guys are doing a *totally* contest then we are, each of
which have their own seperate $10k 'prize'...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: scrappy@hub.org secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org