Re: screen saver

Rocke Verser (rcv@dopey.verser.frii.com)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 21:59:46 -0600

> Subject: Re: screen saver
>
> 1997/04/16 13:09:05 -0400にTim Newsome <drz@froody.bloke.com>さんに頂いた
>
> >I'm not a windows hacker at all, but I think this is one thing that could get
> >us a *lot* more clients. Make a W95 screen saver that'll crack keys. Because
> >W95 multitasking sucks so bad, most people will not want to have the client
> >run at all times.

Drew> I don't know. On my 486, having DESCHAL running in the background of
Drew> Win95 doesn't bother me at all. When I start up more applications,
Drew> DESCHAL just slows itself down, and I never notice the difference.

That sounds correct. Under Windows '95, DESCHALL runs in the
"Idle" priority class. This is the lowest priority class. DESCHALL
will get CPU time only if nothing else wants it. Except for the
presence in the Task Bar, most people do not even notice it is running.

It can be started in the Windows '95 startup window. It's properties
can be set to "minimized". And you'll hardly notice it's there. :-)

-- Rocke