Re: [RSA] First place.

Adrian Chadd (adrian@obiwan.psinet.net.au)
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 12:30:10 +0800 (WST)

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Jamie Gillespie wrote:

> > Encrypt the data on the tapes.
> >
> > You can get a hell of a lot more data trucking around DAT tapes or hard
> > drives (depending on your needs), and anyone can tap into a cable and
> > listen, but cars can take different routes. :)
>
> Yes, but what if they drive by a REALLY big magent, they'd never even know
> until it was too late....

Magnetic shielding?

Gotta be *something* you can do.. :)

I've noticed someone put a [RSA] in the subject, this is a nice way to
filter out the messages *giggle*

I remember one day pondering shipping hard drives back and forth with my
news upstream. Just buy a couple of big HDDs, and every day on the way
home I'd walk to the ISP I was getting news access from and fill a HDD
full of news for tomorrow.

Of course, that never happened.

--
Adrian Chadd			| UNIX, MS-DOS and Windows ...
<adrian@psinet.net.au>		| (also known as the Good, the bad and the