RE: [RSA] First place. <ding> 'it's done'

Justin Wolf (jjwolf@bleeding.com)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 22:09:46 -0700

At least some of you have at least as much of a sense of humor as I =
do... :) Seriously though, I think this topic has run its course. =
Good luck to all the contest participants... if it helps in any way to =
get the government to lift is silly little laws it's worth more than =
anyone can pay (except maybe Intel, Microsoft, and Apple).

-Justin

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Chadd [SMTP:adrian@obiwan.psinet.net.au]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 1997 9:30 PM
To: Jamie Gillespie
Cc: mark@quickweb.com; jjwolf@bleeding.com; drew@sml.co.jp; =
cmcurtin@research.megasoft.com; falco@vex.net; rsacrack@vex.net; =
deschall@gatekeeper.megasoft.com
Subject: Re: [RSA] First place.

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Jamie Gillespie wrote:

> > Encrypt the data on the tapes.
> >=20
> > You can get a hell of a lot more data trucking around DAT tapes or =
hard
> > drives (depending on your needs), and anyone can tap into a cable =
and
> > listen, but cars can take different routes. :)
>=20
> Yes, but what if they drive by a REALLY big magent, they'd never even =
know
> until it was too late....

Magnetic shielding?

Gotta be *something* you can do.. :)

I've noticed someone put a [RSA] in the subject, this is a nice way to
filter out the messages *giggle*

I remember one day pondering shipping hard drives back and forth with my
news upstream. Just buy a couple of big HDDs, and every day on the way
home I'd walk to the ISP I was getting news access from and fill a HDD
full of news for tomorrow.

Of course, that never happened.

--=20
Adrian Chadd | UNIX, MS-DOS and Windows ...
<adrian@psinet.net.au> | (also known as the Good, the bad and the