RE: screen saver / unobtrusive DESCHALL

Johan Hartzenberg (
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 13:50:04 +0200

It's possible to write a program so that it doesn't show an Icon or
anything to tell it's running. A hot-key combination can be used to
bring it forward and when minimized it disappears completely again. You
add it to the Auto-start registry section, not the Startup Folder, and
your average user on your company network will never know it's there
(And since you are the sys-op you can access everybody's registry
directly so you can install this self-run application on all the
workstations without even going to all the offices)

Just a raving. Since I'm not in the United States I can just listen and
not take part. Oh well, there goes the 280 or so Pentium 100s I have
access to....