Re: Illinois and compilations

Dan Calle (dcalle@lucifer.bevc.blacksburg.va.us)
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 15:44:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, C Matthew Curtin wrote:

> Dan> Yow! Congrats to UIUC and il.us! Speaking of which, what *is*
> Dan> il.us?
>
> Illinois.

I know that, but, if you looked at the logs, is it all from one place? As
another poster said, it's apparently a high school, so it was just
coincidence that they entered the top ten at the same time as UIUC.

> Dan> I know va.us represents (mostly) the Blacksburg
>
> Nope, va.us is Virginia.

I know that too. The other subdomain that I know is actually used much is
schools.va.us, but it doesn't look like they've gotten involved since there
are only 3 machines and I'm one of 'em :-(. I have sent some email to
hopefully get the publicity going so if va.us jumps in numbers soon it will
probably be mostly, or all, from bev*.blacksburg.va.us. I'm actually
surprised it hasn't already, since so many of the BEV members are students
at Virginia Tech.

--
Dan Calle                        Senior, Computer Science, Virginia Tech
Email: dan@vt.edu                    Assistant Administrator: acm.vt.edu