Re: New Web work at Deschall Central

Charles McKenzie (charlesm@cs.wisc.edu)
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 14:28:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, Adam Haberlach wrote:

> I like the new look for the web page. I think that the main
> reason that we're losing people to DES Violation is that they have
> really cool statistics pages.

That might be a reason for some people, but not a big one. DES
Violation also seems to be more responsive about porting to other
platforms. It doesn't seem that it would be that hard to port to Solaris
X86, given that there already are Solaris and X86 versions, but my
department still has about 200 P6 200s sitting mostly idle, and the only
group that has seriously offered to port to them is DES Violation.

Also, as someone pointed out, it's probably a good idea to have multiple
groups, just in case one misses the key somehow.

Chuck McKenzie
charlesm@cs.wisc.edu
UW-Madison CS Webmaster