Re: Wish List

Murray Hayes (mhayes@infomatch.com)
Sat, 19 Apr 97 19:14:04 +0800

On Sat, 19 Apr 1997 16:33:45 -0400, Andrew James Alan Welty wrote:

>List of requested enhancements
>
>1. Ability to get a group of keys (say 24 hours worth), without having
> to connect to the key server for each key.
>
>2. email address added to command line.
>
>3. Unique ID number assigned to each client, this would correct for
> multiple clients hidding behind one IP address, and dynamic IP
> addresses.

I must agree. Being able to configure the # of hours worth of keys
the client requests would be a usable feature. I know my machine
is idle most of the day because I only get about an hours worth at
a time. Another benefit might be a reduction in the traffic the server
has to handle. I think this is worth the risk of loosing the work done
if the machine crashes (windoze crash?!?).

One feature that might also be neat for us dial-up users is if the client
could be configured to execute a rexx script so it can connect when-
ever it needs to without userintervention. After exams I'm going to
try and write a script that will monitor the output and dialup when
needed. Might it be possible to get a list of all the output messages?

Also more logging is crucial! Each client should keep a log of the
keys it has tried in plain text format. If somepeople don't want to
keep logs then they can just delete them (or better yet have a
command line switch).

I'm not so sure about this unique ID thing... it seems like it
would be a little complex to add an not provide much benifit.

One last thing. The message

sendto: Message not found in message file.

gets to be really annoying. Does this have to be repeated on
each iteration of the loop? I think once is enough and that
would prevent the usefull information from being scrolled
off the screen. It would also be handy to be able to configure
the time delay/decay of time delay the client uses when it can't
reach the server.

Thanks for listening to my babble.

mhayes

PGP Public Key Fingerprint = FA B3 5D 03 1E DB 0D CE D7 4E 2A 4A 4E 66 5C 6C