Re: Recipes for automatically starting deschall (different OSes)

Corey Betka (betka@tvd0074.urh.uiuc.edu)
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 18:50:08 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 20 Apr 1997, Keith Chang wrote:

> >Can someone tell a Unix hack how to set up deschall so it starts when
> >our Win95 or WinNT machines boot up?
>
> Just stick it in the Startup group. Someone needs to log into the machine
> though (unless you re-write it as a Service; then it would run under NT
> without anyone logged on).

Not exactly...You can use a little util from the resource kit to
run it automatically, in an autoexnt.bat file, like autoexec.bat from good
old DOS. I can dig out the batch file I used to pull this off anyone wants
it. (Maybe even include the parts you need from the RK ;-) )

Corey

"Takes two to make three, but one ain't here
Still chasing women and drinking beer."
--"Welfare Music" by The Bottle Rockets