Re: Larger blocks

Tyler B Akins (fidian@juno.com)
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 22:48:26 CDT

On Sun, 20 Apr 1997 21:21:32 -0500 (CDT) Vijay S Gadad <gadad@nwu.edu>
writes:
>This would be pretty inconvenient for myself and probably some
>others.... I don't run the client straight for 24 hours, since
>I sometimes boot into a different OS. Also, I'm sure some of the
>university lab machines are running for shorter periods of time and
>wouldn't be able to contribute anything if the period were set to
>24 hours.

Well, how about a command-line option to support it? That way the ones
with constant connections could get smaller block sizes, and the ones
without could get large ones. I think that it would be very convenient
if the client would try to check to see if there is a connection every 10
or 20 minutes to report which keys are tested and to get another block.
That way I could just log in once or twice a day and constantly get new
blocks to test.

--
fidian@juno.com                       fidian@hotmail.com
MinimiFIDIANism - Having little or no belief in a deity.