Re: Java!

Chris D. Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 08:34:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Johan Hartzenberg wrote:

> Hey, we could write a Java procedure so that whenever someone connects
> to http://www.lycos.com and http://www.yahoo.com, etc - their web
> browser checks 10000 keys and report the result. The server can keep
> track of what key space has been checked, and if a web client doesn't
> report back in 15 minutes, it asks the next client to check that space
> again.
>
> I think the web browser can run the Java applet even when the user goes
> on to view another web page!

Great idea! Let's get someone to make the Java applet up and have yahoo
automatically download and open it into a tiny window in the corner that
displays only a check mark when the transaction is complete and close
itself. 8-) That would make this feat go 100 fold in speed! 8-)

CRACK DES NOW!!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.