Re: Java!

Chris D. Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 08:37:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, C Matthew Curtin wrote:

> Johan> Hey, we could write a Java procedure so that whenever someone
> Johan> connects to http://www.lycos.com and http://www.yahoo.com, etc
> Johan> - their web browser checks 10000 keys and report the result.
>
> Not unless we've got the cooperation of lycos and/or yahoo.
>
> A Java applet is not allowed to make any network connections to any
> hosts except for the one from which it came by default.
>
> Lots of folks haven't opened things up any wider than that, and lots
> are behind gateways and such where there is no direct IP connectivity.

Couldn't we put the reference to the Java on their page TO the
DESCHALLENGE server? That way the Java app comes from the same place it's
going to be talking to.

CRACK DES NOW!!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.