Re: Some random thoughts... DES Challenge on OS/2

Colin L. Hildinger (colin@ionet.net)
Tue, 22 Apr 97 00:45:37 -0500

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997 00:32:08 -0500, Chris Krumme wrote:

>I am also running OS/2 on ibm.net. I also run Linux.
>I don't really track numbers of keys though.

Well, I keep a log file just in case. I start deschal as seen below (I
created a .cmd file to do it):

deschal5 keymaster.verser.frii.com | tee -a deschall.log

tee.exe is a port of a Unix utility available on hobbes.

Once a week, you could count the number of the largest size block you
search (2^30 pairs for me) and get a pretty good estimate of how many
blocks you searched that week. At that point you could reset(/backup?
why I don't know) your log file.

You could even write a REXX script to count the number of keys for
you...

Colin L. Hildinger

Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine!
http://www.os2ezine.com/