Re: Script web page

Dan Calle (dcalle@lucifer.bevc.blacksburg.va.us)
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 21:27:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Joshua Weage wrote:

> Could someone mail me the address for the
> script web page? I am currently running a perl script
> that kills the process whenever a user logs in, but there
> has to be a better way to do it.

I'm sure you have some reason for doing this, but I can't figure it out. If
you're unsatisfied with a nice level of 10, nice it to the max (19 or 20,
usually). This both prevents deschall from getting in the user's (or any
other process') way as well as allowing deschall to run between the user's
keystrokes and so on.

Why reinvent the wheel and replace it with a square one?

Even if you're not using Unix, aren't WinDOS or WNT bright enough to handle
prioritized processes in a semi-intelligent manner?

--
Dan Calle                        Senior, Computer Science, Virginia Tech
Email: dan@vt.edu                    Assistant Administrator: acm.vt.edu