Re: Okay so you do not compile perl :(

Colin L. Hildinger (colin@ionet.net)
Thu, 24 Apr 97 12:38:28 -0500

On Thu, 24 Apr 97 10:00:58 PDT, Karl J. Runge wrote:

>> Karl> NT does not have the equivalent of the Unix fork() command. This
>> Karl> is a shame because fork() is a very useful syscall. I guess the
>> Karl> NT designers figured people would always use sexier threads? Oh
>> Karl> well...
>>
>> NT sucks rocks.
>
>Agreed. ;-)

Has anyone written an SMP OS/2 client? I don't have such a machine, or
I'd let you telnet to it, but I think the EMX runtimes will let you use
Fork(). I don't know how they implement it, but I remember that there
were some compile options that let you use fork() and others that
didn't.

Colin L. Hildinger

Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine!
http://www.os2ezine.com/