Re: 64 bit DES (forwarded message from Matthew Kwan)

Chris D. Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 16:13:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Justin Dolske wrote:

[snip]

> Out of curiousity, what kind of machines are those of you near the top in
> the rankings running? Specifically, is anyone running a signifigant number
> of 64 bit (SGI, Alpha, whatever) machines? I guessing not, so Kwan's
> Bitslice code probably isn't of much help to us.

Well, at ntr.net, we're running several SGI machines. An R4k Indy, R5k
O2, and an R10k Origin 200. The speed of the IRIX compiled version
absolutely sucks. We have a Pentium 133 running Linux beating out the O2
R5k by twice as fast. And the R10k O200 is running just slightly faster
than the P133. To be honest, I believe a "-O3 -n32 -mips4" compiled
version would enhance this by a great deal, but I don't have the source so
my hands are tied.

The other 20 or so machines are various P100s, P166s, etc. I'm curious to
know what anonymous2 is using on a single machine.

CRACK DES NOW!!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.