Re: Growth rate

Vijay S Gadad (gadad@nwu.edu)
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 21:51:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Jay G. Lickfett wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Colin L. Hildinger wrote:
>
> > I got news, students go home in a few weeks. What does this mean? It
> > means many will lose their net access for the summer. It also means
> > the labs won't be busy - hmmmm...
>
> Unfortunately, that also means many labs will be closed...most
> likely including almost all of our residence hall labs here at UIUC.

Not _all_ students are quite so lucky. :) Those of us on the
quarter-system still have a month and a half left. Might be a good idea
to get in touch with some other quarter system schools like Stanford and
all the University of California schools (except Berkeley, which is
quarter) and see if they can get some machines into the effort (I know
Davis is cracking a bunch...). I'm going to try to get in touch with a
few lab people I know here to get some decent computing power working for
us.

Vijay Gadad
gadad@nwu.edu