Re: Growth rate

Adam D. Woodbury (woodbad@blee.net)
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 01:53:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Christian Foisy (7086) wrote:

> > An especially good reason to set up daily logins with
> > configurable and large key space checkout. I'm in this
> > situation and would be better able to help if I was able to log
> > on once a day and get a huge number of keys. Chris
>
> Another good reason is that the server(s) seem unable to keep up with
> the load: I'm tracing all in/out packets going through updrelay here
> (few dozens machines) and many requests from clients do not get a
> reply, and it is getting worse.

Ahh! Do not mistake the server with the connection between the two
of you. The internet is the weakest link in the system, amplified by the
fact we're using UDP packets (they're small, light, and love to
dissapear). So my guess would be that the requests are due to networking
problems as compared to the server itself. Rocke could tell me i'm full
of it, (the server might be dying) but as a second server hasn't been
brought up, then it must still be doing its job.

Adam

---
Adam D. Woodbury              "I want her love for the fool I am -
woodbad@blee.net                            or not at all."
                                              - Edmond Rostand
       Crack DES NOW!   http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm