Re: New Gateway code...

Mark G. Scheuern (mgscheue@Oakland.edu)
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 09:14:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Justin Dolske wrote:

> Here's the newest UDP to TCP gateway. A few bugs that people have reported
> were fixed. The optional ability to spew debugging info was also added.
> And finally, support for HTTP proxies that require authentication has been
> added. I can't test it (no authorization here :), but it looks like it
> should work. Those of you who needed it -- let me know how it works. :-)
>
> Justin Dolske <URL:http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~dolske/>
> (dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
> Graduate Fellow / Research Associate at The Ohio State University, CIS Dept.

Thanks for the new code! I just had to change:

print SOCKET "Authorization: Basic $auth\n" if ($password);

print SOCKET "Proxy-Authorization: Basic $auth\n" if ($password);

to get it through the authentication. It still grabs the first set of
keys from the server but then gets "Empty or bad TCP request" when it
tries to return the results. I'll have to mess around a bit in debug mode
and see if I can track anything down.

Mark