Re: Growth rate

Christopher Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 11:04:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Jeff Gilchrist wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Apr 1997 02:14:08 -0400 (EDT), C Matthew Curtin
> <cmcurtin@research.megasoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Seriously, though, we hear ya, and are thinking about the keyspace
> > checkout issue. (Of course, there are other issues like making
> > kickbutt clients for non-Intel (SPARC, PPC, Alpha, etc.) processors,
> > as well...)
>
> The two major things that would increase key checking at my end would
> be to create a SPARC optimised client and second add more support for
> offline checking (larger chunk requests).
>
> Just my two cents if you are keeping track of people's requests to
> figure out what to work on next.

As a side note, I've got some strings I'll pull if you all would like to
see if I can get somebody at SGI to optimize the code to work better on
IRIX/SGI.

CRACK DES NOW!!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.