Re: automating running deschall on NT

Corey Betka (betka@tvd0074.urh.uiuc.edu)
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 14:13:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Kurt Schneckenburger wrote:

> I have a shop full of machines running NT 4.0. I have been running Deschall
> for over a month and are looking to make it a smoother job.
> Instead of going around and starting Descall at 5:30 each night I am
> interested in automating that process. I have tried using the scheduler AT.
> I also have tried WinAT & Soon from the Server Resource Kit.
> The program launches and then exits. Is there a security issue
> with scheduled programs using outside resources? Any ideas on how I could
> get around this? Anyone else try this? I have tried both this both locally
> and remotely.

Actually, since NT's process scheduling is so good, you should be
able to run DESChall full time. If you are interested in that, take a look
at the AUTOEXNT service included in the resource kit. We have this
implemented on our Local servers which provide printing capabilites for
our computer labs and it works wonderfully. I believe I sent out
instructions on how to do this to the mailing list before, but I can
forward them to you directly if ya want.

Corey

"Takes two to make three, but one ain't here
Still chasing women and drinking beer."
--"Welfare Music" by The Bottle Rockets