Stats for Web pages

Karl J. Runge (runge@redhook.llnl.gov)
Fri, 25 Apr 97 15:25:18 PDT

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Justin Dolske <dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu> wrote:

> I think that is the statistics generation stuff is going to be rewritten
> anyhow, this is a point we should consider adding in. If I was a major
> gateway user, I'd want to ability to have my domain appear in big blinking
> letters in the #1 slot on the ranking page. :-)
>
> What's the status with Karl and the log stuff? Did we just leave him
> hanging, or are Karl and Rocke already working? If not, let's get some
> sample logs and a description of what needs to be done off to him ASAP, so
> that he can get cracking. [So to speak...]

Yes, I'm game, just let me know what I have to do to get access. And
also give me a lot of guidance as to what is wanted, any particular
things wrt to how the data is sliced and diced, and how you (READ: all
people on this mailing list) want the data sexily displayed on the
website. If I go off on my own on the latter I know from experience
I'll wind up with something no one likes ;-)

Karl