Re: Really dumb question

Stephen Shimatzki (Shimatzki"@psu.edu)
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 22:27:09 -0400

monster wrote:

> Ok guys, gals, undetermined and visiting extra-terrestrials...
>
> I've been wondering if there is anything else i'm supposed to be doing, (such as sending in logs, etc)
> other than just letting the clients, (P5-166 and 5x86-133, both on Warp 4.0) do their stuff?

(GO OS/2!!! YEAH!!!) (Sorry, I had to throw that in there... Now I'm
gonna go stuff Info-Worlds Ballot box... ;)

But, Yes... Thats all you need to do.. If you look on the main
DesChall Page, You can get stats...

If you want to give DESCHALL a little more priority, (not much, but
some) you can get
it right into the system level by using the 'detach' command... It
doesn't have
a window or anything, so you might want to pipe it out to a log file...
my
line in my startup.cmd file looks like this:

detach C:\deschall\deschal5 keymaster.verser.frii.com >
C:\deschall\log.des

Then I can just do a 'type' of the log.des file and see what would
normaly
be on the screen if it was running in a os/2 window...

Also, There are a number of DESCHALL pages at their respectable
locations, and
a VERY excelent STATS GRAPH page from Justin Dolske.

Pages:
Main DESCHALL: http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm

Justin's Graphs:
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~dolske/des97/graph.html

PSU's Deschall:
http://lanman.fe.psu.edu/deschall.htm

We've tried to keep up with pages as they appear, so if we miss
you, please let us know, but as long as you show up in the
24 hour stats, we can usually update our pages pretty fast.. :>
(next weekday at least...)

> yuck it up... i most likely deserve it... :)
> monster

One way to learn is to ask questions... Now deciple, spread the word!

> monster
>
> charter member,
> Board of Directors,
> Las Vegas OS/2 User Group

(oh yeah, did I mention WE LOVE OS/2 here at PSU fayette? :)
(ok, enough about OS/2 for me... I'm not a zealot.... just a
happy user.. We use ALL systems... AND WHEN A POWERMAC CLIENT
COMES OUT, WE GOT TONS (!!!) OF PAPERWEIGHTS WAITING TO BE USEFUL! )

--
----
Stephen Shimatzki