Re: ADMINISTRATIVIA: MS Exchange Sucks rocks

Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:08:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, C Matthew Curtin wrote:

> I would like to note, that after receiving boatloads of bounces every
> day because someone's "message exchange is congested", and dealing
> with other stupid sorts of bounces, I have concluded that Microsoft's
> email servers have got to be some of the most broken pieces of
> software on the planet.

Their news servers got off on a wrong foot too. In Microsoft's infinite
wisdom, their NNTP server rewrote the message-ID's on all incoming
articles. Of course, it would then happily spew back out all these "new"
messages. UseNet was flooded for a number of days last summer due to this.

To be fair, it was beta software, and people were un-officially sucking
news feeds from it (because they wanted the microsoft.* groups). It just
goes to show the danger of having inexperienced people writing software
that's put into public use.

I will hereby retract all these statements as vile, filthy lies if
MicroSoft will runthe DESCHALL software on of their in-house systems. :-)

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
Perl is designed to give you several ways to do anything, so consider
picking the most readable one.
-- Larry Wall in the Perl man page