Re: What is udprelay and how does it work?

Ronald Van Iwaarden (rrt0136@ibm.net)
Tue, 29 Apr 97 06:33:25

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997 17:58:17 -0500 (CDT), Timur Tabi wrote:

>I want to run deschall on my OS/2 machine, but I have a proxy
firewall in
>the way. I heard about udprelay, but I don't have access to the
machine
>that's running the proxy server, so I can't change it. How does
udprelay
>work? Does it interact with the proxy server, or does it bypass it?
>Since I'm running the OS/2 client, will I need an OS/2 version of
>udprelay?

I believe udprelay is just a perl script. Perl has been ported to
OS/2
(including fork() unlike the NT port) so it _should_ run just fine.
have not installed perl nor have I tried this script (no firewall
here).

--Ron

o Ronald Van Iwaarden | Work to live;
/\ Hope College | Live to bike;
_`\ `_<=== Holland MI 49423 | Bike to work!
__(_)/_(_)___.-._ voice : (616)355-7120 | http://www.cs.hope.edu/~rvaniwaa/