[DES-LIST] DESchall (fwd)

Jim Bowden (bowdenj@iquest.net)
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 11:49:02 -0500 (EST)

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 15:42:05 +0200 (MET DST)
From: DES Challenge <des@aion.cs.kuleuven.ac.be>
To: des-list <des-list@towerguard.unix.edu.sollentuna.se>
Subject: [DES-LIST] DESchall

I don't want to sound pessimistic...but...
I had a look at DESchall's homepage

* They are going twice as fast as DES Challenge.
* Connectivity to DESchall's site is MUCH better than DES Challenge's.
* DES Challenge is not considerably growing in key rate. On the contrary, the
recent network and server problems have kept the rate really low the last 24
hours.

One question though :

Have DESchall and DES Challenge both started at the same key (all 0's I
assume) and are they generating them in the same way ? If the answer is
yes, then it's clear that it will be the fastest of both that will win
(and we're way behind), if not, it's a pure matter of luck...

Henk.