Re: [DES-LIST] DESchall (fwd)

Howard Cheng (hcheng@cs.ualberta.ca)
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 15:10:14 -0600 (MDT)

Adam Haberlach wrote:

> Unfortunately, this whole thing would have to settled in the
> courts, but the uncompiled code is exactly that--a description
> of the algorithm which the computer can understand and perform
> that procedure.
> Has anyone thought of a good way to get the description out of
> the country? If we told someone how to code the client, we
> could let them set up their own archive site. I highly doubt
> that the packets used between the client and server are
> encrypted...

Doesn't Bruce Schneier's "Applied Cryptography" contain an appendix
of printed source code? If it's legal to export that, maybe we just get
someone to print out the source code, and send it out of the States for
compilation?

Howard

--
Howard Cheng                     e-mail: hcheng@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
University of Alberta                    hcheng@cs.ualberta.ca

I have had my results for a long time: but I do not yet know how I am to arrive at them. - Karl Friedrich Gauss