Re: Configuring Proxy Server

Tue, 29 Apr 1997 18:38:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, David Martin wrote:

> I've tried configuring my Proxy Server to map it's UDP port 8669 to port
> 8669 of keymaster.verser.frii.com. However, when running the DESCHALL
> Client with this configuration, I never see any activity on port 8669, nor
> does the Client show any progress.

So you're running "deschall myfirewall.icie.com", and it's not doing
anything?

> I have been very successful in mapping port 8500 for the DES Violation
> Clients. The requests for new key spaces just sail right through perfectly.

IIRC, the DVG clients were TCP, not UDP, based. You seem to have noticed
this, however. I'd guess that perhaps your firewall deals with UDP
differently than TCP.

If your firewall is a Unix box, you have access to a Unix box, or don't
care about being anonymous for a bit, you may want to try out the gateway
scripts we've developed. Mail me if you're interested, and I'll forward
'em along.

(dolske@cis.ohio-state.edu)
"The purple-colored Kool Aid is grape--NOT cherry. This should not be a
surprise." -- Jeremy Zawodny