Re: What is udprelay and how does it work?

noggle@isoc.net
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 22:48:26 GMT

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997 20:28:51 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Timur Tabi wrote:
>
>> I want to run deschall on my OS/2 machine, but I have a proxy firewall in
>> the way. I heard about udprelay, but I don't have access to the machine
>> that's running the proxy server, so I can't change it. How does udprelay
>> work? Does it interact with the proxy server, or does it bypass it?
>> Since I'm running the OS/2 client, will I need an OS/2 version of
>> udprelay?
>
>The relay and the client can run on different machines, and the OS need
>not be the same. I haven't tried running the udprelay on a non-Unix box
>but it seems like it should work.

All I know is that here on my network I'm using autosocks on my other system
which is connected to this one which is running wingate as a proxy server. It
has been working well this past week or two when I first installed it. I am
running win95 though, I don't know if a copy is available for OS/2 or not.

Jason Gmoser
noggle@isoc.net