Re: Delay Getting New Keyblock

Christopher Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 15:26:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, C Matthew Curtin wrote:

> Milton> I've noticed a delay 15-20 seconds in getting a new keyblock
> Milton> the last couple of times. Is the server having problems?
>
> Latency problems are almost certainly due to the Internet
> connectivity between your site and the server (or among your site, a
> gateway, and the keyserver).

I would say that MORE THAN LIKELY, it's frii.com's connection to
Sprintlink. I've never see a slower backbone EVER. They are as slow as
molasses in January.

CRACK DES NOW!!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.