Re: Delay Getting New Keyblock

Christopher Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 16:29:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Justin Dolske wrote:

> > > Latency problems are almost certainly due to the Internet
> > > connectivity between your site and the server (or among your site, a
> > > gateway, and the keyserver).
> >
> > I would say that MORE THAN LIKELY, it's frii.com's connection to
> > Sprintlink. I've never see a slower backbone EVER. They are as slow as
> > molasses in January.
>
> Uhh, I'm not so sure frii.com is on Sprintlink. Here's the tail from
> traceroute:

[snip]

> Besides, ping is giving me RTTs of aroudn 208ms, and I don't notice any
> lag in the clients here. It just depends where you topographically fall --
> some sites are just going to take longer to get requests through.

Well, I'll be. Doing another traceroute now yields a route by mci as
well. I wonder if they were on a backup line to Sprint for a little
while? Response times are back up again as well.

BTW: With us doing trillions of keys a day, what's that 486 processor up
to % wise now?

CRACK DES NOW!!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.