Re: Deschall Outside of North America

Andrew Glazebrook (andgla@hna.com.au)
Fri, 02 May 1997 08:10:06 +1000

On Thu, 01 May 1997 03:50:04 -0400, Darrell Kindred wrote:

>Andrew Glazebrook writes:
> > I've got my page up and running on Deschall Outside of North America
> > [...]
>
>I think this is a bad idea. It seems quite possible to me
>that it will cause trouble for Rocke personally and/or the
>DESCHALL effort as a whole. Many of us hope to influence
>U.S. export policy through this contest, and I don't think
>it's going to help our case if the contest participants get
>portrayed as smugglers.

I shall re-word my page and add a disclaimer sometime over the next few
days so that it is clear that my page is totally unreleated to the
official deschall page (and its distribution). I'm not actually sure that
the smuggler even takes part in deschall (I was just whinging about the
fact I couldn't get it and they offered to get it for me), so quite
possibly nobody in the deschall effort is a summgler :-).

>If you're outside the U.S. and Canada, join the SolNet effort.
>We're all working toward the same goal.

Perhaps if they had an OS/2 client I might, but they don't, and I'm happy
with with this team, so I see little point in changing (stopping) unless
it is really needed.