Re: Optimizations

Christopher Dickens (cdickens@ntr.net)
Fri, 2 May 1997 01:22:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 1 May 1997, Andrew James Alan Welty wrote:

> > >If anyone knows of a platform we've missed, let me know. I think we're
> > >running out of them. :-)
>
> > Now that we've got all the platforms pretty much covered... How about
> some
> > optimization for all the other platforms?! An Ultra 2 that isn't doing
> > ANYTHING but running deschall being outperformed by a P166 running NT?!
> > Something is wrong...
>
> Also a 133mhz Cyrix/IBM being outperformed by a 120mhz Intel Pentium????

All I can say about Cyrix are, they're really, really, really, really,
really fast 486s. I don't see anything unique about the Cyrix chips
anyway. 8-) Now the AMD K6, that's an excellent option for PCs!!!

BTW: Anyone got a spare SGI Indy they're looking to sell? 8-P

CRACK DES NOW!!! http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm
Christopher Dickens - cdickens@ntr.net - SGI O2 Powered!!!
<http://www.ntr.net/~cdickens>
Copyright (c) 1997 by Christopher Dickens. All Rights Reserved.

NOTE: Everything disclosed is the sole opinion of Christopher Dickens
and in no way reflects the views or opinions, either in whole
or part, of NTR.NET Corporation or any of it's affiliates.