Re: OS/2 Client - Quit

Colin L. Hildinger (colin@ionet.net)
Sat, 03 May 97 10:40:54 -0500

On Sat, 3 May 1997 10:51:04 EST, Steve Marvin wrote:

>Running the OS/2 client here at about 940K keys/sec with no
>problems, but one complaint:
>
> When I need to stop the client (I need to boot another
> OS at times) a CTRL-C stops it immediately as does
> killing the process.
>
> Would be nice to have a "deferred method" of stopping,
> so that it would complete the keyblock it is working on
> log the results and then stop. Hate to lose p/o a 2^30
> block of keys.

It would be nice - but I think they've got bigger fish to fry. I just
check on it. I know about how long it takes to finish each line of
dots, and I come back when it should be near the end (sometimes I have
to wait all of 20-30 seconds) and break out of it.

Colin L. Hildinger

Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine!
http://www.os2ezine.com/

The Ultimate OS/2 Gaming Page